blogspot visitor counter

Friday, October 07, 2011

Moral Ground

This past weekend, I was talking to an elderly woman and I just mentioned that I don't like watching a certain Indian Actor anymore because there have been rumors of his infidelity. She looked at me rather sternly and asked what about the 'other woman', who is also an actress? Do you want to see her movies? Do you not have a problem with her. And my response was simple, well she is wrong definitely, but she is not married, he is, and therefore the blame lies with him more, for cheating on his wife, if he has.

She was quick to point out that the woman should not have had an affair with a married man.her exact words -"woh uske peeche kyun padi" (why was she after him) . And this incensed me even more, why is she quick to assume that the woman is to blame and not the man?

Then she says - the wife should have better control over her husband. I didn't know how to react to this and not scream and yell at a person who is my senior and I am supposed to show respect to. So I walked away, seething with rage.
Why are woman woman's worst enemy ? Has anything not taught us anything? We as a gender class totally suck - not all of us of course but yeah well , most of us and esp. those from the Indian Subcontinent.

1 comment:

  1. Why are woman woman's worst enemy ?

    Amen to that!

    Men always stick together...but women, we are ready to judge someone we don't even know and bring them down...

    ReplyDelete