blogspot visitor counter

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Thing 1, Thing 2

It is not cool being on Facebook, but cooler still to not be! That's what I read on...guess where..no, not facebook, twitter. Cracked me up!

So here's what's new in the fun household. Fun is a euphemism for crazy.
And before you go about judging my parental skills or the lack off, I am not thinking too highly of myself either, so keep your opinions to yourself!

M is almost potty trained - ALMOST. N on the other hand is fascinated by underpants, but is still learning the ropes. This is one of the most challenging change we have had to do. I feel so bad for them, empathize with them alot even, imagine to have to change completely where you've peed for the last 2.5 years, the only way you know, to have that taken away from you? It's such a huge change for them. So I absolutely understand their reluctance, and I am so proud of how well they're doing. Good job my little fire crackers.

They are learning to express their manners in words, so much that if I hand them their milk, they say 'thank you'. It's such a cute thing and I feel offended that my kid is saying thank you for something so basic, but it feels nice. And when they prompt each other to say 'thank you', 'please', 'sorry', 'you're welcome' - it's more sweet.

Since N is having trouble understanding what we ask him to do - another euphimism - I am often seen shaking my head and saying ' why doesn't he listen'. M is seen doing the same while playing with him and if he doesn't follow the rules of the game, M says 'N no listen, Papa no listen'. I wonder where she picked up 'Papa no listen' . Hmm!

N while playing the 'jump-on-your-blanket' game got really really mad at M because she got bored of the game. So I volunteered and after 20 seconds of jumping, N lost his patience with me and howled again for M, who sat on the sofa reading her book, completely oblivious to the commotion around her.

N behaves like a typical brother with M, when M has her toys laid out in a certain form, N will purposely go and scatter the toys, so M will get mad at him. I think this is just his way of getting her attention.

N gives the best hugs and kisses - I just have to make a puppy face and he'll come hopping to give me a kiss.

Barney is still a favorite, though we are gradually opening up to the idea of Elmo and Caillou.

The kids and I were going through the Pottery barn catalogue and there was a picture of Max from 'Where the wild things are'. They both immediately recognized him. Made me glad.

Now I get some answers to the question of 'what did you do in school today'. The answers are mostly limited to 'sat on the carpet', 'Dhamen, dhamik carpet' , 'miss 'lm tananan'. Sometimes if there is a birthday celebration in school, they will tell me they ate cake. A big progress from when my question was followed by silence!

The kids have new trikes, it's such fun for them, but not so much for me, because they'll ride it downhill on the street next to ours, and then on the way back I am told 'No want it'. So I have to lug both the bikes back while they hop, skip, jump home.

N loves picking his clothes out everyday. I cannot say I liked this new found love for choosing his outfit everyday, but it's gotten better, we've made our peace with it and we can get him to wear the school designated colors on MOST days. It's so unfair that the child cannot pick his clothes out. If he wants to lounge about in jammies, he should be allowed to. So after school and weekends we let him wear what he wants, if its blue shirt and red pants, so be it! He has imagination and he should be allowed to use it. Why does the school have a uniform - that's a rhetorical question, BTW!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I have been lousy at posting, sorry to anybody who still reads this blog. I have no excuse, I will try and be better. Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for M and N...Potty training is like them growing up...slowly you will loose the diaper bag and can actually carry a purse without stress...

    M and N are so smart and so much fun...and N has the flirtiest smile ever...and M the shyest cutest face...

    Love them both

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a sweet thing when kids say thanks, sorry etc etc. You have a houseful, must be tiring but great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a chance to catch up on your blog. Love your stories of little victories with the kids. Very nicely written!

    ReplyDelete