blogspot visitor counter

Friday, October 03, 2008

This and that

So yesterday was the VP debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden. Sarah Palin came across as a person who knows 5 things and no matter what the question, she will talk about those 5 things only. So it was an ok debate.

But since the debate, I had decided to let my feelings about Sarah Palin not bother me, and just not bother with her since in my eyes she was very inconsequential. Till she said something totally outrageous AGAIN. She is now claiming that Obama is friends with terrorists. So I did what any respectable person would do, go to CNN's fact checker and here's what was found. It's really shameful, the way this lady speaks. She's just trying to rake controversy in a manner which befits an uneducated person. It really is a shame that the issues she talks about are not the issues which the country care about, but a load of crap.

Well, it's her wish, her political campaign! what's sad is people are ignorant. It's always very fascinating to me how people have learnt to forward mails and articles, but have not learnt to check facts. I call that irresponsible.

Politics has and will always be very dirty, but I was hoping that we're a different generation, to which Ms. Palin also belongs, and that raking up silly controversy wouldn't be the order of the elections. Unfortunately that is not so. We'll just see how this election goes, will the fear mongering work or will the important issues like the economy, tax, Iraq will be foremost on people's minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment