blogspot visitor counter

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Downton Abbey

I am in love - with the show and I have a massive crush on Dan Stevens.
If you haven't seen the show, you MUST, if you like Jane Austen style of writing and era. I love strong female leads and guys who support that, this just sits right up there.

I wrote a post not so long ago and it was written hastily and I didn't clarify, so I will clarify now. I love Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Emily Bronte, Margaret Mitchell and most recently found Georgette Heyer. Love all the above writers, and the reason is simple. I love the era they write about, the charm, the simpleness of the times and the romance is so subdued - it's more between the lines, in the nuances, unlike today's books about those times (Jude Deveraux) where it's just about damsel in distress. It's really not a surprise, I LOVE books with strong female leads, it's what I like the most and I cannot imagine the kind of woman who waits for things to happen to her.

So Downton Abbey is the same and I am in love. There is this story about the Earls and Duchess and then the servants and maids, how different and yet similar. It's a story about love, greed, passion, families, war, children, parents and just anything else you can think of. Have I yet got you interested?

Dan Stevens is the yummiest guy on TV right now for me - sorry John Krasinski - you're second, I know I am very fair.

1 comment:

  1. awww! I want to see it too!!! once I am out of my "Back from India" phase and have cleaned up everything I will start seeing this.

    ReplyDelete