blogspot visitor counter

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

So proud of America


To be honest, I didn't think that US would vote for an African American President. I had heard about the Bradley Effect and I thought it was going to take place.

But I have been proven wrong, much to my delight!!! I am so excited and so proud of America today. So happy that negative campaigning didn't work, so happy that the best man won and this in spite of his race. Barack Obama in his speeches said time and again how this could not have been possible in any other country and I truly believe him. As an outsider and non contributor to the politics of this country, I cannot say how much my heart swells with happiness and pride that Barack Obama is going to be the next president.

I loved McCain's speech. It was generous, humble. I wish he had been this way in his campaign. But well, the best man won and I am so glad for it. what's interesting was the stark comparison in the crowds, there was booing and jeering when McCain spoke about Obama at his speech but when Obama spoke about McCain, there was cheering and clapping! the difference between the two campaigns to me was fairly obvious.

America is a great country not because of people likethis guy but in spite of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment